Friday, November 2, 2012

I don't like Fridays?

So I have been very lax in updating my blog recently, many apologies! I will try to get back in the habit of doing so.
This fall I have been studying Chinese at a university here and I really enjoy it. I have made a lot of progress in my language skills. Below is a sample of the text I was reading this morning and some of my homework, my writing isn't very good yet. :) 


Add caption
 One of my favorite things about living in China is the questions I get asked. Today I was having tea with a friend and she asked me why Americans don't like Fridays. I was a little surprised by the question and I said we like Fridays. Then we talked a little more and I discovered that she was confused about Friday the 13th and thought that it meant Americans didn't like Friday in general. So, I explained to her that some people think Friday the 13th is unlucky etc.



 This is a shot of the one the rivers that runs through my town. I spent the afternoon at a park with one of my friends and was inspired to take some pictures.







No comments:

Post a Comment